Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cakes & More Cakes

Well, I couldn't find them all.......but I found a few.  Here are some of the cakes from the past few years. 
This is the girls 1st birthday.  They each had their own "FLOWER POWER" cake.  We had a 4th cake to feed everybody else. 





For their second birthday they got to celebrate twice.  Once in Utah and then again back home in Illinois.



And then they were THREE.....
For this party I made each child their very own bear cake.  At age three, having your very own is BEARY GOOD! 

I'm not quite sure why I didn't bake a cake in 2007, I might have, but as of today I can't find photo evidence of one.  I did find a picture of a lovely cake from Costco, I'm sure it was delicious!




In 2008, the girls turned 5!  I let each of the girls design their very own princess cake.  They did a great job!






When the girls turned 6 in 2009 we went all out!  (As if that had never happened before?)  I was inspired by a photo Dave had taken of me on our Anniversary trip to Florida a few years earlier.  
At Disney world, FL......my inspiration for the Castle Cake.
The castle cake with 3 mini-princesses still "takes the cake" for the one I've spent the most time on.  I spent over 20 hours just making flowers and it took more than 15 hours to assemble and frost. 





2010 - the first year in our new home.  We had just moved in two months before their birthday and turned our living room into a disco dance room.  A Hannah Montana cake was the request.  Here's what it turned out like......


 Each one of the small cakes at the bottom was decorated for special for that girl, they each had a "7" sparkler to light for a candle!

And that brings us current to the year 2011, the EIGHTH birthday and Baptism of the Triplets.  This year the cake request was "White, pretty, with flowers".  I think it turned out just about like that.





You may be asking yourself, do I bake cakes for anyone other than the girls?  Well, yes I do!  I bake all the time.  Here are just a few of the many cakes that I could find a pictures of.
Dave's 41st Birthday cake

Chocolate Strawberries for KC's Birthday Party!  (Who needs cake!)

KC's 13th Birthday - Chocolate with Chocolate Ganache!

Pies for a Thanksgiving Feast


Father Day

KC's 14th Birthday - Cheesecake with homemade fruit sauce and more Strawberries and Eclairs than we could eat.


Another German Chocolate Cake for David - they are his favorite.

CJ's 14th Birthday

I'm not sure what year this is from, but we know it's CJ's cake because if you look reallyy closely, you can tell that the candles spell "CJ"!




2 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty intense cakes! Very amazing. I loved the pics of your girls when they were tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those thanksgiving pies... you still need to send me the recipe!

    ReplyDelete