Friday, June 14, 2013

First Impressions

We arrived early into Frankfurt.  The county is beautiful from the air!  GREEN!!!!  Flying in I could see multiple solar power fields and windmills.  The rivers define the boundaries here and the rest of the roads are just fit in where ever.

The airport did not have a gate for us, so came off the airplane out in the "air plane parking lot" and were bused back to the terminal.  We waiting in line for the passport checks and then on to baggage.  Found our bags just fine and they weathered the trip well, all except the big duffle bag - but that's ok because I got a great deal on it from Down East Home so no tears about that one.

I was nervous we wouldn't be able to find EVA, but a soon as we came around the next corner, there she was!  Sweet little Luzian was asleep in the stroller.  We hiked to the car.  OK.....German parking lot!  You really knew you were not in america.  First they were all SMALL!  But oh, so nice.  Eva's mini van from the states looked like our 15 passenger van.  We loaded up and she skillfully navigated her way out of the parking garage.  It was the equivalent of driving our 15 passenger van in down town Chicago.  The streets are small, and the garages even smaller.  There was a few inches of clearance on either side.

We headed back to their house.  The neighbor hood is beautiful.  Little road made from bricks.  They live in what we would call a town home.  Their street is a No parking street, it's only for playing so we unloaded the car but then she parks on the street behind them.  Her house is just darling.  I'll take some pictures and post them in the next day or so.  

We drove to pick up the girls from gymnastics, and I decided I was really glad we were not going to drive while we are here.  Narrow doesn't really do justice for the roads!  And they twist and turn like I've never seen.  We spent the evening chilling and figuring out the rail system for our travels next week.  Eva made a delicious meal for dinner and we tried several kinds of cheese.  GOODBYE diet!  The pretzels were amazing and then she told me they were out of a box.  I wonder if I could get those home.

We crashed hard last night.  Slept great and woke up to the sounds of a bird singing a song unlike any I've heard before.  I'll have to figure out what kind of bird it is.  Or maybe they just sing birdie in German too?  We are sleeping in the newly remodeled attic....it's very amazing.  The window above our bed is the neatest thing you have ever seen.

We are headed to the temple this morning, and then Eva and I are going to go do some shopping.  We will go with Mia tonight to her school BBQ.   Hope everything at home is going well.  Give my kiddos a hug if you seen them.  Miss them so much already!  I'll squeeze a little one on this end to get in my mommy hugs.   Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mom I love you. sugar loves Demarie and by the way we have been trying to Skype you. Say hi to Eva for me. Trennon is coming tonight and we have had lots of fun so far. Demarie took us to liberty park and we saw a peacock! Hope you are having fun! See you later -Lexi

    ReplyDelete