Monday, June 17, 2013

Family Dinner

After church we got a quick bite to eat and then rested for a while.  David’s family came over for dinner and we BBQ’d.  We really enjoyed visiting with all of their family.  The weather was beautiful and kids played outside in the back yard while we chatted for hours.  As we lay in bed we wondered what the neighbors must have thought with all of the English talking they had heard. (I will blog later about the funny conversations about the Turks and Hispanics. 

His sister made a dessert called Quark.  It’s most similar to yogurt, but not really.  She whipped heavy cream and then mixed it together with the Quark with a little sugar.  Just before serving you mix it in fresh fruit (we had raspberries) and meringue dollops.  I couldn’t figure out the sweet crunchy things were until they told me.  It was very refreshing and the perfect end to the meal.

After cleaning up and more visiting we put the kiddos to bed and then sat out on the back porch and ate sampled several different kinds of German Chocolate that Eva had purchased for us.  It was delicious!  It’s hard to pick a favorite.  I was gazing when Eva asked me what I was thinking about….being honest I told her I was pondering how to fit as much chocolate in my suitcases as possible. 


We retired to bed and finished packing for Berlin.  We decided to go in backpacks to make it easier.  After everything was ready to go it didn’t take long to fall asleep.  The sky was clear tonight so it was the first time we could see all the stars as we laid in bed.  I think I need to add an addition to my house so I can have a window like this over my bed!  It’s awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment